Saturday 24 October 2015

Lets Define Love!

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep : Slowly and then all at once."
                                                              - John Green, The Fault in Our stars.

I don't know why but of all quotes this had me bewitched. Of the Two reasons, one is that it talks about sleep. Second, the way I read even i fell in love for this statement.

Why do we at first point define something abstract i.e Love ?

The answer lies in the our day to day instances like if we take a definition of some unknown entity be it a term, we first search for the definition in google or some medium to get to know a clear idea of what is it. But of all known entities, Love which we get from our mother,friends we don't get to define it in . Isn't injustice shown by humanity towards the term Love which again defines Humanity?

Okay! Fault accepted. How do we define an entity like Love, which on its stem has branches like care, friendship, kindness all the feelings which portray a sense of attachment between the souls that wander the roads of this universe.

The word love is mainly used as an indication that a person of one sex has a unintentional desire over a person of opposite sex with sexual desires. This we can call as passionate Love.

There is another kind which science defines as Platonic Love. It defines a affectionate relationship between two heterosexual people where the sexual elements doesn't enter.

In an Universe where people are striving hard to find out the missing 7 dimensions to prove strange theories, we here ( I  here) am striving to find out the definition of something as abstract as the 7 dimensions.  When I saw how to define a subject on internet, It had a statement which said define by its source. I thought OK!

Where can I Find Love!

The most trivial answer to this question is "Love is Everywhere! Love is in the air you breathe". On hearing this my mind stated one obvious Sheldon Cooper's rhetoric Answer : "Wrong. Nitrogen,Oxygen,Carbon Dioxide, Argon is in the air." Jokes apart, where do we find Love?  Its again the most relatively localized entity. My mother shows love towards me,so does my sister, so does my best friend. Now,I can say one thing after that statement. My definition of love varies according to the source. But my aim here is to find a universal definition.

Okay. I can now tell I can't define love from its source. But I can define love relative to its source which will not be ultimate. Most people go by the defining love as the affection showed by Mother. In my opinion, that is because of the magnitude of that love which is singular.

Another statement said that begin the definition with what it is not instead of what it is!.

Amazing Idea. But for defining what is not love I need to know What is love? Because I believe that the concept of hate came after the concept of Love.

Having taken several factors for defining this Abstract entity, I will define Love as
"The Factor which provides that extra '1' in the operation of subtraction ( a-b) of positive numbers(a,b| b>a), to make that operation possible."
I believe,I thereby with my simple definition have quantized an abstract quantity and also defined it relatively like Sheldon Cooper.

There are 3 definitions for love in japanese culture :

1. ai () - Maternal Love.
2. koi ()- Romantic Love
3. ren'ai (恋愛)- Combines the meaning of both 1 and 2.

Love is all about making things comfortable and also compatible. This blog post is just an attempt to quantify and measure that beautiful extra '1'.





No comments:

Post a Comment